Our environmental policy
Updated: 22 Mar 2017
Our environmental policy is to ensure that all of its activities and decisions make a positive contribution to the Sustainable Development Strategy for Northern Ireland.
Concern for environmental conditions and best use of resources is part of our business strategy.
Our policy is to:
- maintain an independently certified environmental management system for the Housing Centre
- remain committed to legal compliance and continual improvement of our environmental management system throughout Housing Executive business areas
- train all staff in sustainable development awareness and provide specialist training as needed
- develop and maintain targets in keeping with the Northern Ireland Sustainable Development Strategy
- apply the reduce, re-use, recycle approach to waste streams
- prevent pollution of air, land and water
- support initiatives to develop sustainable local communities
- offer environmental and sustainable advise to business, community and voluntary sector stakeholder organisations
- enhance and protect biodiversity cross all Housing Executive landholdings