Your landlord's responsibilities to you
Updated: 26 Jun 2017
Your landlord’s main responsibilities include:
- giving you his name and address or that of his agent
- providing you with a statement of tenancy terms (if your tenancy started on or after 1st April 2007)
- giving you a rent book and recording rent payments
- providing you with an Energy Performance Certificate for your property
- respecting your right to peace and quiet in your home
- ensuring gas, electricity and furniture safety requirements are met in the dwelling
- maintaining the structure and outside of the property
- giving you at least 48 hours written notice before accessing the property to carry out repairs, except in case of an emergency.
- following the correct legal procedures if he wants you to leave the property.