Energy Efficiency in Social Housing
This project, Energy Efficiency in Social Housing, is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Investment for Growth and Jobs Programme for Northern Ireland 2014-2020.
The approved eligible programme cost is over €49 million, of which €23 million will be provided by the ERDF with the other €26 million being invested by the Housing Executive.
The programme covers a six year period until 2022/23 and will improve the energy performance of nearly 1900 homes managed by the Housing Executive.
To date, External Wall Insulation works schemes have been completed to aluminium bungalows in the following areas:
- South Antrim (Randalstown, Crumlin, Ballyclare & Newtownabbey)
- Mallon Villas, Magherafelt
- Camowen Cottages & Watson Park, Omagh
A further two schemes have started on site in Lurgan and Bangor, with two schemes currently in the procurement stage that are within the Causeway and Derry/ Londonderry areas.
No Fines Works
Tranche 1 – Four of our twelve schemes have commenced onsite, with more due to commence onsite over the coming months and continue throughout 2021/22. The eligible works will total approximately €17.6m.
The successful Contractors for Tranche 1 are;
- Lot 1 - Active Maintenance Solutions Ltd - Bloomfield and Fern Park areas, Derry, Newpark in Antrim, and various estates in Coleraine
- Lot 2 - PK Murphy Construction Ltd - Ballysillan, Belfast.
- Lot 3 - Insulated Render Systems Ltd - Meadowbrook, Craigavon and the Brownstown & Redmanville estates in Portadown.
- Lot 4 - M&M Contractors Ltd - Carlisle and Cliftondene estates in Belfast.
Tranche 2 – These sixteen schemes are at Surveying or Approval stages, and will total approximately €28m of eligible investment.
The successful Contractors for Tranche 2 are;
- Lot 1 - Piperhill Construction Ltd – Clonduff and Finaghy areas, Belfast
- Lot 2 - Piperhill Construction Ltd – Carrickfergus, Waterloo Place, Rathfern and Ballymena areas.
- Lot 3 - PK Murphy Construction Ltd – Forthriver, Belfast
- Lot 4 - PK Murphy Construction Ltd – Ballymurphy, Belfast
- Lot 5 - Active Maintenance Solutions Ltd – Omagh, Drumcoo, Ennis Tarry and Ardowen
- Lot 6 - Active Maintenance Solutions Ltd – Forthriver, Belfast
Tranche 3 – These schemes are currently in the early procurement stages, and will be funded by 100% investment from the Housing Executive – approximately £15 million.
The works to these properties will follow the ERDF funded programme.