Energy Efficiency in Social Housing
This project, Energy Efficiency in Social Housing, is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Investment for Growth and Jobs Programme for Northern Ireland 2014-2020.
The approved programme cost is just under €45 million, of which €22.9 million will be provided by the ERDF with the other €22 million being invested by the Housing Executive.
The programme covers a six year period until 2022/23 and will improve the energy performance of some 2,700 homes managed by the Housing Executive.
To date, External Wall Insulation works have been completed to aluminium bungalows in the following areas;
- 51 properties in South Antrim (Randalstown, Crumlin, Ballyclare & Newtownabbey)
- 8 properties in Mallon Villas, Magherafelt
- 9 properties in Camowen Cottages & Watson Park Omagh
We have obtained approval for works to a further 29 ABs in the Causeway Area and intend commencing tender action in the coming weeks.
The following AB schemes are currently in the process of receiving the necessary approvals;
- 17 properties in Carrick Drive, Lurgan
- 9 properties in Bloomfield Place, Bangor
We are is also pleased to announce that the first tranche of works to our “no fines” properties were released in February and the successful Contractors are as follows;
- Active Maintenance Solutions Ltd - Lot 1 consisting of 213 properties in the Bloomfield and Fern Park areas, Derry, Newpark in Antrim and various estates in Coleraine
- PK Murphy Construction Ltd - LOT 2 consisting of 188 properties in Ballysillan, Belfast
- Insulated Render Systems Ltd - LOT 3 consisting of 243 properties in Meadowbrook, Craigavon and the Brownstown & Redmanville estates in Portadown
- M&M Contractors Ltd - LOT 4 consisting of 73 properties on the Carlisle and Cliftondeane estates in Belfast.