Covid-19 – Private Sector Grant update
As we continue to respond to coronavirus (COVID 19), we have streamlined our services to provide essential assistance and pay for completed grant-aid work.
We have suspended technical inspections and many members of staff are working from home.
We have put in place a number of new processes to reduce unnecessary social contact but enable contractors to be paid for work which has been carried out.
Important Information for applicants
- As the contractor is employed by the grant applicant, you should ensure your contractor is maintaining a high standard of health and safety on site, observing Health & Safety regulations; this includes social distancing.
- You and your contractor may agree to suspend work at your property during COVID-19. If so it is vital your contractor ensures the site is closed properly and left in a safe manner. Check what s/he will do to ensure the property is left safe; it is important you are satisfied with this. The Housing Executive is not responsible for your contractor as s/he is employed by you.
- During COVID-19 we will not be inspecting properties. To process payments we will require specific documentation and photographic evidence (please read the Q&A below).
- All documentation must be emailed to the relevant Grants Office email address; do not post documentation to us.
- Please make sure you quote relevant information i.e. Grant Reference Number on all attachments.
The Questions and Answers below will provide more details if you’re an applicant or contractor. This information is also available in PDF format: Frequently Asked Questions
You can read more information about Covid-19 and the Affordable Warmth and Boiler Replacement Schemes
Thank you for your patience and co-operation as we adjust to this new process.
For more information on COVID-19 and social distancing go to the Public Health Agency website: