The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Housing Executive is committed to protecting your personal information and we take this responsibility seriously.
The Data Protection Principles set out the main responsibilities for organisations.
What are the Data Protection Principles?
Personal data should be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary;
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date;
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary;
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to:
Data Protection Officer,
2 Adelaide Street, Belfast,