We want this website to be easily navigated and understood by all of our users, whatever their device or browser. We understand that some users may need some help to get the most out of the site.
Browsealoud lets you customise our website to make it easier to use. It offers a host of features, including reading and translation support, to allow you to access and understand our website better:
- text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifer: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
How to use
Click on the Browsealoud launchpad logo that appears on the top right of your screen.
This will launch the Browsealoud toolbar. Then simply click on any text to hear it read out loud. All the features are accessed from this easy-to-use, floating toolbar - allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.
Watch the Browsealoud Features video to see Browsealoud in action.
More information on assistive technologies
If you are new to the web and assistive technologies, you may wish to visit BBC My Web, My Way. This site has lots of information, advice and video tutorials to help you get the most out of the accessibility features of your device.
This website follows the accessibility guidelines issued by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and strives to meet Level AA of the W3C Web Accessibility Guidelines.
We have made our website as accessible as possible but we know that you may experience some issues, for example when using Google Maps or viewing our videos. We are not responsible for the accessibility of services provided by third parties. If you experience any difficulties using our website, please email our Communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03448 920 900.
We really want to know what you think about our website and would really welcome your feedback.